29 March 2011

Cupcakes

As much as I love cupcakes, I never really learned how to make them. When I was in culinary school, my head revolved around delightful savory dishes and I never really paid attention during my once a week six hour baking class. If my professor wasn't kind and patient enough with me and my burnt cakes, I would have flunked the class. Baking isn't for everyone. It is like science class -- it could be experimental, yet one mistake of not measuring something exactly could make everything go south.

The other night while Will and his friend was playing L4D (I played a little while waiting for the cupcakes to bake!), I decided to force myself to bake cupcakes. Alas, I was successful! I was surprised with the outcome since it was pretty good and it wasn't burned :)

 "Busy Day" cupcakes + whipped cream (I made it too!)
 topped with fresh blackberries
I love the frills and pearls on this one :)

I think the recipe was called "Busy Day" because it calls for very little ingredients and prep and bake time was very short. All in all, I was proud! I shouldn't have been judgmental about myself (and my skills). Who knows, maybe one day, you would surprise yourself too!

No comments:

Post a Comment